2017 Brighton Chamber Foundation
Ambassador Scholarship Application
The Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors are excited to announce that (2) $500.00 scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors in the greater Brighton area! Please see below the eligibility requirements for all applicants.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications in order to apply for the scholarship:
· Must have a GPA of 2.7 or higher
· Must have the ability to demonstrate leadership and integrity, as is part of the mission of the Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce
· Must be enrolled in higher education for the fall of 2017 (inclusive of a college, university or skilled trade certification)
The scholarship committee will announce the recipients of the 2017 Brighton Chamber Foundation Ambassador Scholarship by June 1, 2017, and the awards will be presented to the recipients at the Chamber before September 1, 2017
Congratulations to our 2016 Ambassador Scholarship Recipients!
In May the Ambassadors along with Ultimate Body presented $500
scholarships to two graduating seniors:
Jack Wisbiski from Brighton High School and Gabrielle Wink from Pinckney High School.
2017 Young Leaders of Influence Scholarship
The Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce's Young Leaders of Influence program is excited to announce that (2) $250.00 scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors in the Greater Brighton area! Please see below for the application that must be filled out and signed by a paid representative of your High School (i.e. Teacher, Principal, Coach etc..)
Please return your completed application and required documents to the the Young Leaders of Influence Committee no later than then April 30, 2017. Applications received after this date will not be eligible for consideration for the 2017 Scholarship Award. Applications may be submitted in the following way:
· Send or submit the completed application to the Chamber at 218 E. Grand River, Brighton, MI 48116
· Scan and e-mail the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Fax the application to 810.227.5940
The scholarship committee will announce the recipient of the 2017 Brighton Chamber Young Leaders of Influence Scholarship by May 26, 2017 and the award will be presented to the recipient at the the Brighton High School Scholarship Award Ceremony at the High School, or if attending another High School an award opportunity will be set up specifically for you.
Criteria: Leadership Potential
1. Ability to Deliver Results. Can the candidate demonstrate how he or she delivered results from a position of leadership - whether by organizing, mobilizing or inspiring others. This may have been through his/her intellectual or artistic contributions or in other ways. Is there evidence that the candidate initiated something and carried it through to an outcome? Is the candidate likely to attain a position of influence in his/her field of expertise?
2. Strength of Purpose. Has the applicant demonstrated courage of conviction, persistence, and determination in the pursuit of his or her goals? Does the candidate's extra-curricular activities indicate commitment?
3. Creativity. Is there evidence of creativity and innovation in the candidate's approach to answering questions or solving problems?
4. Self -Awareness. Is there evidence of a strong desire to contribute to society? Is the candidate aware of his or her role in particular activities and impact on other people? Can the candidate explain what changed as a result of his or her involvement in something?
5. Grade point average. What is the cumulative grade point for the candidate?
6. Any additional thoughts or comments about the candidate we should know?
Link to pdf: CLICK HERE for Application