The Chamber offers two major discount programs, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Accident Fund Workers Compensation Insurance. Members may also receive discounts with YRC Freight, Comcast Business Class, the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center (MMTC), Office Depot, from other Chamber members, on prescription drugs and much more.
The Chamber has a very successful Member-to-Member Discount Program. There are many members in the GBACOC that offer discounts to other members. If you are interested in offering a special discount to other members, sign up to manage your business listing on our website directory, where you can add your discount, and make other changes to your listing.
If you want to take advantage of a member discount, just show your Chamber Member-to-Member Discount Card to the participating merchant. Remember...these discounts are not only good for you, they are good for your entire full time staff as well! The member-to-member discount program is an excellent way to support Chamber members and the local economy alike. Click on the M2M icon in the upper right hand corner of the website.
Chamber members can take advantage of EXCLUSIVE sponsored plans and benefits from the Blues in 2017
Through our Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan program, members can access a broad selection of health insurance plan options for small businesses as well as individuals. The Chamber also offers tools, services and health care reform updates to complement both your insurance and your business plan. We'll guide you through the process with our My Chamber Advantage website. Quickly quote, compare plans and choose the best insurance option for your business. To learn more or request a quote, call our Insurance Service Center at 877.227.1500 or click here to visit the My Chamber Advantage website.
Individual Health Insurance Options for Members
BCBSM’s MyBlue suite of plans offers coverage for individuals and families that do not have employer-provided coverage.
Free Discount Drug Card
The GBACOC is proud to offer you and your family and friends a free discount drug card. Simply print the free card (this option is not quite yet available, but please give us a call at 810.227.5086, or stop in to pick up your card) and receive savings of up to 75 percent at over 56,000 pharmacies across the country (savings average around 30 percent). This card is especially helpful if you are uninsured or under-insured. However, even if you have insurance, you can still use this card to get a discount on non-covered drugs. All prescriptions processed through the program are completely confidential (no name is required on your card)!
This program also includes discounts on eyeglasses, hearing, diabetic supplies, dental and more. You can print as many cards as you need. Please feel free to forward this FREE Prescription Drug Card to your friends and family. This card comes activated and can be used immediately!
Accident Fund Workers Compensation Program
The Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce and Accident Fund Insurance Company of America are proud to offer member access to their Workers Compensation Insurance Group Program. Designed specifically to aid the small to mid-sized business owner, all Chamber members are eligible for this program, subject to underwriting guidelines.
Group program benefits for members include:
- A 5% up-front discount on workers compensation insurance rates
- An opportunity for long-term dividends, based on the profitability of the group
Quite often, dividends are paid to those in the Workers Compensation program, and in a recent year, a 5% dividend was paid back to participating members, totaling over $22,000! So, not only are GBACOC members eligible to receive an Accident Fund discounted rate, but they may be able to see dividends come back to them just for being part of the program as well.
Additional benefits to workers compensation policyholders include free online access to Accident Fund’s Loss Prevention Toolbox™ and other no-cost workplace safety services. For a discounted insurance quote, contact your local independent Accident Fund agent, and be sure to mention your GBACOC membership. For more information or to find an agent, contact the Chamber at 810.227.5086 or visit www.accidentfund.com.
The Chamber of Commerce Referral Program
Get the communications services your business needs for today and the future- the right voice solution for your business, fast internet, and TV for entertainment and information. All with the reliability of Comcast.
Business Voice services including lines, PRI Trunks and our managed cloud service, Business VoiceEdge.
Business Internet with speeds up to 5 times faster than DSL, named fastest in the nation by PCMag two years running.
Business TV packages that entertain customers with news, sports and family programming, as well as keeping your employees up to date on breaking news and local updates.
Why Comcast Business?
- A great alternative to the phone company, with services traveling across our own private network.
- Our Comcast Business Promise- a money back guarantee with 24x7 support via phone, web or onsite.
- The Upware Marketplace from Comcast Business offering a carefully selected collection of best-in-class cloud solutions along with one Source for technical support on all Upware from Comcast Business applications.
- Comcast Business Signature Support offers 24x7 expert tech support to keep your computers, networks, servers, and other technology constantly up and running.
- World-class productivity suite- including Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft SharePoint powered by Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Norton Internet Security Online- Advanced internet and antivirus protection, ranked #1 in overall protection and remediation
- Reliable voice service with advanced call-management and modify features- rated best in call clarity.
- A variety of informative and entertaining TV options.
For more information, contact your local Business Account Executive, Jeff Broaddus, at (734) 787-2193 or by email at email@example.com.
The National Chamber Program (NCP) with Office Depot
Our partnership with National Chamber Programs brings cost savings for you, our members! Save on what you need to do business, while supporting your chamber.
Here's how it works:
• Members save up to 55% on 500+ items that chamber members purchase most often, including special discounts on ink and toner.
• Free next day delivery on orders over $50, with the ability to shop in store or online
• Members get deep discounts on Copy & Print services. 2.5₵ black & white, 22₵ color copies and 40% off finishing services every day!
Sign up online to start saving! There is no cost to join. (Link to https://odams.officedepot.com/registrations/portal.php?a=59281869)