Interested in sharing your knowledge with other businesses in the area? Consider being a speaker in the Chamber Speakers Bureau. The Chamber Speakers Bureau is a directory of Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce members willing to speak on a variety of topics. The following is a listing featuring names, contact information and presentation topics. If you would like to be added to this list, please contact Pam McConeghy at email@example.com or 810-227-5086.
Personal Assistance and ConciergeName: Sharon McRillTitle: Owner and PresidentCompany: The Betty BrigadeAddress: 1901 Sunrise St Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Phone: 734-994-1000Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: bettybrigade.comArea of Expertise: Business CoachingTopics:
- For Realtors: What to do with all the stuff: How to get your client's home in MLS faster.
- Downsizing with dignity: What should stay with family and what should be sold?
- Turst Officers/CPA's/Estate Attorneys & Financial Advisors: What to do with all the stuff: Asset Management the way you really want it.
- Why is Coaching important: Making your leap to the level you've been chasing.
- Open Book Management: How sharing info helped all my team begin to think like owners.
Bio: A resident of Ann Arbor since 1991, Sharon graduated from the University of Michigan in 1994 and was once voted “Worst Waitress in Ann Arbor.” She lives with her husband, a professional photographer, and their cat, Miss Olive. Sharon has done scores of television and radio interviews and has been featured in many publications and websites, including The Detroit Free Press, The Detroit News, Ann Arbor News, Women’s Day, Crain’s Business Detroit, Forbes.com, and MichiganInnovators.com. The Ann Arbor Business Review named The Betty Brigade one of the Ten Growing Companies to Watch in Ann Arbor. Sharon has also won awards from The ATHENA Foundation, The Tuck School of Business and Women Business Owners of Southeast Michigan.
Disaster Preparedness & Risk ManagementName: Michelle MillikenTitle: Marketing DirectorCompany: Paul Davis Restoration & RemodelingAddress: 105 Enterprise Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48103Phone: 734.930.0303Email: email@example.comWebsite: www.restorationannarbor.comArea of Expertise: Disaster Preparedness & Risk ManagementTopics:
- How to prepare for a disaster.
- Emergency preparedness.
- Property damage? What’s next and how should I handle the process?
- Mold – What to look for (causes) and what you should do if you suspect mold.
Bio: Michelle has 10 years of experience in property restoration and emergency preparedness.
FitnessName: Chris SchildTitle: PresidentCompany: Body Within, Inc.Address: 2250 Genoa Business Parks Drive, Suite 130, Brighton, MI 48114Phone: 517.404.3488Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: www.bodywithinfit.comArea of Expertise: FitnessTopic Summaries:
Bio: Chris has been a fitness professional since 1999. He currently runs a team of top fitness professionals who specialize in working with people in their private homes and corporate work places to build strong, healthy, conditioned bodies.
- Fitness That Sticks
- Office Fit
- Core Focus
- Strong in your own Skin
- Fitness Fundamentals
IT for Small to Medium Businesses/Education MarketName: Mark J. FunchionTitle: Director of TechnologyCompany: University Office TechnologiesAddress: 4872 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48108Phone: 734.961.3070Website: www.universityofficetech.comTopic Summaries:
Bio: Mark has been in IT since 1999. He spent 14 years in K-12 education as a network manager/technology directory. He currently leads a 10 person department providing on-site and remote IT support.
- Interactive Boards
- Documents in the Cloud
- Email Options
- Managed Networks
- General Office Technology
Local Human ServicesNames: Nancy Rosso/Jeanne ClumTitles: Executive Director/MarketingCompany: Livingston County United WayAddress: 2980 Dorr Road, Brighton, MI 48116Phone: 810.494.3000Email: email@example.comWebsite: www.lcunitedway.orgArea of Expertise: Local Human ServicesTopic Summary: Local Human Service Initiatives
Marketing and BrandingName: Erica StevensTitle: PresidentCompany: Gal Friday, LLCAddress: P.O. Box 2251, Howell, MI 48844Phone: 517.618.1656Website: www.TheRealGalFriday.comTopic Summary:
Bio: After working as a personal assistant for over 10 years, I started Gal Friday, LLC as a way to help small business owners who couldn’t justify the cost of marketing and branding support from national companies.
- In business you MUST be different, or you will be lost. My method, The Gal Friday Method, will help business owners stand out and be successful in their own way, using their own unique story. I will give away tools during the speaking engagements.
Website Design and Development/BloggingName: Nancy JohnsonTitle: PresidentCompany: Social Eyes on BusinessAddress: 8163 W. Grand River Ave., Suite 300, Brighton, MI 48114Phone: 586.817.9196Website: http://socialeyesonbusiness.comPresentation Topics:
Bio: Nancy Johnson has spoken at many Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce programs including the Professional Women’s Club of Michigan panel and the Michigan Technology Network. She also won the GBACoC’s “Business Investment Award” for business planning programs. She has spoken at the Howell Area and Hartland Chambers of Commerce luncheons and lunch & learns, Cleary University Entrepreneur’s Forum, LegUp!, and the Brighton, Howell, Hartland and Hamburg Libraries. Topics included marketing, website and blogging, networking, women in business, starting a business, research, elevator pitches and entrepreneurial skill building.
- Website Design and Development – Current trends, strategy, search engine optimization, what to include (call to actions and opt-ins), turning visitors into customers
- Blogging – Program on the why, how, what, where and when of blogging to draw traffic to your website and increase your online presence